Among the members of the COVID-19 Scientific Advisory Committee, created by the Catalan Government, are several researchers of the UB. This technical advisory board will work on the COVID-19 control strategy determination in the Department of Health and will announce recommendations and proposals. It is formed by a minimum of 20 and maximum of 35 members of prestigious professionals from the field of health, medicine, health sciences and social, legal and economic sciences.
The UB experts members of this committee are:
- Antoni Plasència Taradach, director-general of the Global Health Institute Barcelona, medical consultant at the Department of International Health of Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and lecturer at the UB
- Antoni Trilla Garcia, professor at the UB, dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of the UB, and head of the Department of Epidemiology of Hospital Clínic
- Begoña Roman Maestre, lecturer at the Faculty of Philosophy of the UB;
- Albert Bosch Navarro, professor at the Section of Microbiology, Virology and Biotechnology of the UB and president of the Spanish Society for Virology
- Antoni Sisò Almirall, head of research at the primary healthcare consortium Barcelona Esquerra and lecturer at the Department of Medicine of the University of Barcelona